Building Massachusetts TV show, aired 1/13/15, on Boston Fox 25, Two Storey Building segment begins at 13:10: http://www.bragb.org/for-consumers.html
Two Storey Building and architect Steven Baczek collaboration on three beautiful finished basements - January 2015 issue: http://www.finehomebuilding.com/design/articles/build-a-risk-free-finished-basement.aspx
2013 Market Report: A National Look at Building and Remodeling in the U.S. (Lowesforpros.com - Dec 2012)
Doug Storey's Story
"2012 has been a big improvement over 2011," says Doug Storey, managing partner of Two Storey Building, a custom builder and remodeler in Bolton, Mass. When LowesForPros spoke to Storey in 2011, he had given up on home building and refocused his business on remodeling. But today, he's much more optimistic.
Half of Storey's gross revenue in 2012 came from new home construction, while the other half resulted from remodeling — the majority of which were $100,000 projects or more — including a second story addition and a kitchen-and-bath gut remodel.
To support the increase in business, he hired two full-time carpenters and a part-time bookkeeper, and for the first time since 2010, he's been able to walk away from projects that are too small or fall outside his specialty.
While Storey doesn't expect a huge spike in 2013, he's confident things will keep improving. "The housing market is improving and people have equity in their homes again," he says. "Those are good signs for continued growth next year."
- 10 Ways To Update Your Home Without Breaking The Bank - Boston Globe Magazine February 19, 2012 http://articles.boston.com/2012-02-19/magazine/31070042_1_traffic-flow-wall-kitchen-projects
- On the Road to a low-energy house - CNet Greentech October 9, 2011 http://news.cnet.com/8301-11128_3-20117478-54/on-the-road-to-a-low-energy-house/
- NESEA Northeast Sustainable Energy Association Green Buildings Open House October 1, 2011 http://www.nesea.org/openhouse/listings/?feature=Single+Family+Residence&fuel=&state=MA&submit=GO
- Building A New Home From The Ground Up - Boston Globe Magazine September 27, 2011 http://www.boston.com/yourtown/belmont/articles/2011/09/25/building_a_new_house__can_actually_make_sense/
- Two Storey Building named to 2011 Qualified Remodeler Top 500 and Remodeling Magazine 550 lists of largest remodeling and home improvement comanies again. August 2011 http://www.remodeling.hw.net/awards/full-service-remodelers.aspx, http://www.qualifiedremodeler.com/publication/article.jsp?pubId=1&id=2733
- Letter To The Editor of the Boston Globe Magazine Re: "Avoiding Contractor Rip Offs" January 2, 2011
- Thinking Outside the Mudroom
Daily5 Remodel September 2010
- Boston Magazine July 2009 LEED Certified Builder
- Propane-Fueled Home Earns LEED Silver
- Fine Homebuilding Website Project Gallery
FineHomeBuilding.com July 2010
- Two Storey Building Facebook Site
We're now on Facebook - become a fan!
- Building One of the First LEED-Certified Homes in Massachusetts
Ultimate Home Design June 2008
- Ask the Expert: Doug Storey
Remodeling Magazine 5/1/08
- Local Builder Builds a LEED Certified House in Stow
The Bolton Common 3/30/07 and The Beacon Villager 4/19/07
- A New Kitchen in an Old House
Journal of Light Construction Jan 2008
- Living Space at Basement Level
The Community Newspaper 9/28/06
- Know the Rules
The Community Newspaper 9/28/06